Using Getta Gift
Intended functionality of the Application:
The Getta Gift App is designed to be an application that, with the use of barcode scanning, allows users to create Wish Lists and share them with friends and family.
How to Use Getta Gift:
- Getting Started
- Download GettaGift mobile application from your device’s application store.
- Create an account when you first use GettaGift. Include your Name, Email Address, Telephone Number, DOB and a Password.
- Allow use of your phones camera and access to your contacts.
- Creating and building a Wish List
- After creating an account, the app will immediately prompt you to take a picture or scan an item. This will begin the process of creating a wish list and adding items to that list.
- Click Trashcan Icon in upper righthand corner to delete the Gift Item.
- Click Update and save.
- Within your wish list you will see the items in your wish list pictured. Click on the item picture in the Wish List for more information.
- Here, if barcode scan worked, it will pull in the Gift Name, Brand Name, Description, image, Purchase Link, and Price. To follow the link and purchase the item, click on the red shopping cart. Do not click on the web address. If you would prefer to change the link you may do so by erasing the provided link, then finding the item on a website. Copy the URL and then paste it into the GettaGiftTM app were the old link used to reside. If you use an android, you can copy and paste by double clicking on the web address. This will bring up a menu to CUT, COPY, PASTE. To paste, hold your finger to the screen where you wish to paste the link for a few seconds. The PASTE option will soon appear
- You can edit the name of the list, add a date for the special day this wish list was created for, enter a shipping address, or share this list with friends or family. You may also decide to continue to add to your list once you’ve named it. Before sharing the list, you will have to enter a “Ship to Address,” so that friends and family will know how to get a gift to you.
- When you are ready to name or edit your list, click on the image of the item just scanned or the last picture taken that will show in the bottom left-hand corner.
- Add as many items to your wish list as you like by either scanning them or taking a picture of the item. More information will auto populate with scanned images.
- If you used the barcode scanner, then a Pop-up will appear asking you, “Scan another item?” Click YES to add another item immediately. If you click NO, you will return to the camera view where you can take a picture of another item. If the barcode was recognized, you should see a picture of the item just scanned.
- If a picture is taken, an image will appear in the lower left corner. You may then take a picture of another item or click on the image. If you click on the image, you will be taken to the Wish List you just created. You can edit the name of the list, add a date for the special day this wish list was created for, enter a shipping address, or share with friends or family. You may also decide to continue to build your list once you’ve named this particular list. Before sharing the list, you will have to enter a “Ship to Address.”
- Take a picture of the item by clicking the circle in the bottom OR click on the barcode Scanner pictured in the bottom right-hand corner to scan an item’s barcode.
- Editing a Wish List
- Click on the Wish List under My Lists
- Choose the desired wish list
- Edit the Wish List Name (Default for new list will be [Your Name]’s List [#])
- Edit the Ship to Address
- Share List
- Add more Gifts
- Save List in bottom left. Delete list in bottom right. You will be prompted “Are you sure you want to delete?” Click Yes if you want to delete the Gift Item, click No if you do not.
- Sharing a List
- Click on the Wishlist under My Lists
- The 4th line down will say “Share List”. Click the Heart Icon next to it to Share.
- The app will pull up your Contacts list. Choose the contact from the imported list that you would like to Share the list with.
If they are already using GettaGift, it will share on the app.
If they are not using GettaGift, it will prompt you to send them a text. GettaGift will let you edit the text message before sending, and will have a message directing them to download the GettaGift App
- Viewing a Shared List
- Click on the menu in the top left corner
- Click on Shared with Me
- Here you will be able to view lists shared with you, and make purchases of items on them through the Gift Item Links. You can also see price, product names, brand names, and descriptions to help you find the correct gift.
- Updating User Settings
- Click on the menu in the top left corner
- Click on Settings
- Here you will be able to:
Edit e-mail address
Edit phone number
Edit Date of Birth
Show/Do Not Show purchased items
- Save any changes made by clicking Save in the middle.
- Logout here to switch accounts.
- Can I share with someone not in my contacts?
Currently, Getta Gift does not allow you to share with someone who is not in your phone contacts.
- Will name, brand, description, price, images, and links automatically be added to my item?
No. Some barcodes will pull in completely information, and some will not. To add images, prices, and links:
Go to your Wish List, and select the Gift. There you will be able to edit Gift Name, Brand Name, Description, Purchase Link and Price by typing in the lines. You can then add a Photo of the item by taking it on your phone, or choosing from camera roll. Then click Update.
- Does scanning a QR code pull in information?
Currently, Getta Gift only scans barcodes and QR codes will not register.
- How do I delete a Gift item?
Go to the Wish List, select the item. In the upper right-hand corner, click the Trash Can icon. It will prompt you “Are you sure you want to delete?” Click Yes if you want to delete the Gift Item, click No if you do not.
- How do I delete a Wish List?
Go to the Wish List, and in the bottom right hand side, click “Delete”. It will prompt you “Are you sure you want to delete?” Click Yes if you want to delete the Gift Item, click No if you do not.
- Can I move an item to a different list?
Currently, you cannot move Gifts between lists.
- Can I share it to Facebook, or other social media?
Currently, you can only share your Wish Lists to contacts through an SMS.
- What information do the people I share my Wish List with see?
They receive an SMS message prompting them to download Getta Gift to see your Wish List. There, they will go to Shared With Me from the right-hand menu, and be able to see your List(s) that you sent them access to. They can see the Gift information for all items on that list, as well as your Name, Wish List Name, and Shipping address.
- Can I scan an online barcode?
Yes, online barcodes should pull in data with the Getta Gift system. Not all barcodes are guaranteed to pull in complete product information.
- Can I use it in Landscape mode?
Getta Gift is currently designed to be used in vertical, Portrait mode.
- Am I Making Purchases through Getta Gift?
No, all purchases are made through third-parties, based on the links uploaded.
Need more support? Visit our Contact Us page to submit a form!